GermGuardian AC4825 Review
GermGuardian AC4825 Air Cleaning System shipped quickly and required no other assembly than just plugging it in. The unit is incredibly quiet and even when turned on high, just sounds like a fan is running (or similar to a laptop when the fan turns on to cool it down).
About the GermGuardian AC4825
- True HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of dust and allergens as small as .3 microns such as household dust, pet dander, mold spores and plant pollens. Charcoal filter reduces common odors from pets, smoking and cooking.
- UV-C light technology works with Titanium Dioxide to eliminate airborne bacteria, viruses, germs and mold spores.
- 22 inch 3 speed tower is best used for medium sized rooms and CADR rated 100+
- IMPORTANT: Use GENUINE Guardian Technologies replacement parts to maintain product performance and warranty. Only one single filter needs to be replaced every 6-8 months depending on the use of the product; Replacement filter is filter B – Model FLT4825 (ASIN B0055521W0) . To lengthen the life of your filter, a 4 pack of the carbon filters is also available – Model FLT22CB4 (ASIN B017ANUVC6). Voltage: 120V 60Hz
- Safety certified by Intertek which is a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory. Units are constantly life tested to insure the product meets the performance and durability expectations of the consumer.
The air seems so much cleaner and purified. It sounds weird, but the air in my son’s room actually smells “cleaner”. I am thinking of ordering a second unit to keep in the main living areas of our home.
However, this unit is so lightweight and easily transported, that I have moved it from room to room. I have noticed a definite difference in my son’s congestion and coughing since purchasing and installing this HEPA filter.
The air actually smells and feels fresh and we both slept incredibly well. It’s very quiet, sleek looking, and Energy Star rated so I don’t have to worry too much about using it 24-7. The air is noticeably cleaner around it and my problem with allergies has decreased because of it.
To test this, I cooked fish last night (our den has an open doorway to the kitchen), and I couldn’t even smell it cooking
I decided to test it again, so I sat on the couch painting my nails. Even using nail polish remover I couldn’t smell it!! It also moves a lot of air b/c even when the ac isn’t blowing air, it feels like it is b/c of this tower! The fan has three speeds. We find the noise level on high to be no more than we experience with our tower computer. When it is set to low, to my ears it is barely audible, and we put it on that speed during the night.
The unit is sleek looking and small, so it looks good in the room and can be carried easily to other rooms as we please.
Germguardian AC4825 also looks great. Just like the picture. Bottom is dark, top is shiny and sleek. It has a UV light that is that blue line in between the top and bottom. While glowing it looks even cooler. The best part is that there is a button that you can press to turn off the light.
I use this at night because I am one that needs a dark room to sleep and can’t stand lights or glowing stuff. So I use the light during the day and shut it off at night.
UPDATE after One Year of Use:
We just about hit the year mark! Still working great and going strong! Make sure you wipe down (inside and out) once a month (as the book says). Still going strong, and working well! =) Buy this one, and you won’t regret it!